Most of our programs offer an internship component. Learn more about our internship opportunities!
UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH OPPORTUNITIES:
There are various ways to get involved, and some include funding!
- NSERC undergraduate student research award (USRA). To apply for the USRA, please contact email@example.com. Individuals who apply for NSERC USRA are also automatically considered for the DURA (see below).
- Dean's undergraduate research award (DURA)
- research at york (RAY)
- Receive course credit for doing research with a math or stats professor by enrolling into Math 4000 (Individual Project). To do so, contact a professor you would like to work with, and discuss the type of projects available and expectations he/she has for you.
- The William Lowell Putnam Mathematics Competition is a North American mathematical contest for undergraduate students. It is organized by the Mathematical Association of America and is taken by over 4,000 participants at more than 500 colleges and universities. It is considered by many to be the most prestigious university-level mathematics examination in the world!
- The Mathematical Contest in Modeling is a contest where teams of undergraduates use mathematical modeling to present their solutions to real world problems.
There are two main undergraduate student clubs in the department:
- Club Infinity is the undergraduate student club in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics. They organize events for students and act as a liaison between our undergraduates and faculty. Check out their webpage and/or follow them on facebook!